If you were unaware prior to your search for photo booths for rent for your upcoming event that there are two different types available, then it is quite certain that you are about to find out soon. The photo booths are of two radically different types:
- Traditional Arcade Style Booth
- Open Layout Booth
The traditional arcade style booth has a roof, privacy curtains and a bench while the open lay out booth does away with the boxed look of the traditional for a camera with just a backdrop. These two types of photo booths for rent have their respective merits and demerits and at the end of the day what you think fits into the style of your event or wedding is up to you.
For the open layout booth, there are three primary merits to think of:
- Roomy: It makes it easier to take those large group shoots as there is no limit on the number of guests that are able to enter due to the absence of the boxed-in look. You can typically have up to 10 people present in the booth at the same time for a shot.
- Openness: due to its open nature, the process and activities of the photo shoot are visible for everyone to see and participate in.
- Ease: open booths are generally easier to transport than the arcade ones and can also fit into places the traditional ones cannot due to the lack of a boxed in look.
- Look: in appearance, the open layout cannot be deemed as a booth even though it is termed as one.
- Not recommended for outdoor use: it is at the mercy of weather elements. For example, sunlight can have an effect on the outcome of the pictures.
For the traditional arcade style booth, the following are its merits:
- Privacy: what goes on in the booth is evident to the participants of the photo shoot and no one else. It also makes it easier for camera shy people to relax and get their bearings without having a crowd of onlookers making them nervous.
- Look: unlike the open layout, the traditional arcade style is in essence what a photo booth should be and it is sturdy in nature making it easier for it to be put to use anywhere.
- Can be used both indoors and outdoors: unlike the open layout which is not suitable for use due to the presence of sunlight, the traditional arcade style has no problem with that as its boxed in style prevents the rays of the sun from tampering with the quality of the images.
The demerits are:
- Enclosed: due to the fact that the booth is created in a boxed-in style, there is a limit on the number of people that can be featured in a photo at the same time.
- Ease: moving the booth from one place to the other is also something that cannot be easily done due to its heavy nature.
If you’re in UK and looking for photo booth rental, Photo Booth HQ is the best option for you.